Reserve Bank of India is an ‘equal opportunity employer’. This means you have to write an examination which will test your analytical skill, logical thinking, awareness of latest developments and in depth knowledge of a chosen subject. In the first phase of the examination, you will be tested on quantitative aptitude and reasoning, general awareness and English language. Those who qualify will be tested in the second phase on English (writing skills), Economic & Social Problems and one optional subject from Finance & Management, Economics or Statistics. Those of you who qualify the second phase will be called for interview.RBI offers an attractive compensation package which includes various perks & facilities to its employees.
The full form of ‘RBI Grade B’ exam is ‘Reserve Bank of India Grade B’ exam. RBI conducts a common RBI Grade B Exam to recruit Grade B Officers. Once you qualify the exam, you are hired as a Officers in Grade B in Reserve Bank of India.
After getting recruited as a RBI Grade B officer, you will get a handsome salary including other allowances. The final RBI Grade B Salary of including HRA, DA, etc. may go up to Rs. 75,831/- initially. This will increase along your career path at the bank.
Note – We will update the vacancy as soon as it is declared by RBI.
|Website Link Open For Online Registration of Applications and Payment of Fees/Intimation Charges||July 3, 2019 to July 23, 2019|
|1. Officers in Gr B (DR) General||Phase-I Online Examination
Phase-II Online Examination
|August 16, 2019 $
September 7, 2019
|2. Officers in Gr B (DR) DEPR*||Paper – I Online Examination
Paper – II & III
|August 16, 2019
September 6 / September 7, 2019 £(To be confirmed in Admit cards)
|3. Officers in Gr B (DR) DSIM@||Paper – I Online Examination
Paper – II & III
|August 16, 2019
September 6 / September 7, 2019 £ (To be confirmed in Admit cards)
The educational qualifications, age limit, and nationality of the candidates are considered in the eligibility criteria of RBI Grade B 2019. The candidates who applied for theRBI Grade B 2019 post should be a citizen of India. Check out more details about the eligibility criteria below.
Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – (General)
- A minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th (or Diploma or equivalent) and 10th Standard examinations.
- The minimum qualifying percentage or an equivalent grade for the Bachelor’s degree will be in aggregate for all semesters / years
Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DEPR
- A Master’s Degree in Economics / Econometrics / Quantitative Economics / Mathematical Economics / Integrated Economics Course/ Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognised Indian or Foreign University /Institute.
- (Candidates having M.Phil. Degree and Doctorate Degree from a recognized Indian/Foreign University/Institute in the specified subjects will be eligible for relaxation in the upper age limit by 2 year and 4 years respectively.)
Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DSIM
- A Master’s Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Mathematical Economics/ Econometrics/ Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Kharagpur/ Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay (OR)
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics and one year post graduate diploma in Statistics or related subjects from an institute of repute (OR)
- M. Stat. Degree of Indian Statistical Institute (OR)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) jointly offered by ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur and IIM Calcutta
Age Limit (As on 01.04.2018)
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st of July, 2019 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1988 and not later than 1st July, 1997. For candidates possessing M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualification, upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years respectively.
Relaxation Of Upper Age Limit:
|Sr. No.||Category||Age Relaxation|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 Years|
|4.||PWD (SC/ST)||15 Years|
|6||Persons Domiciled in Jammu &||5 Years|
NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
Candidates belonging to unreserved i.e. General Category, who have already appeared Six times for Phase-I Examination for this post in the past, are not eligible to apply. No such restriction applies to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PwBD, if the posts are reserved for them.
APPLICATION FEE AND INTIMATION CHARGE: (Non Refundable)
|2.||General and OBC||850/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
The total vacancies for RBI Grade B Officers in the year 2019 is 166.
|Post||Number of Vacancies|
|Unreserved i.e., General (GEN/UR)||Scheduled Castes (SC)||Scheduled Tribes (ST)||Other Backward Classes (OBC)$||TOTAL|
|1. Officers in Grade ‘B’(DR)- General||64||20||10||33||127|
|2. Officers in Grade ‘B’(DR)- DEPR||11||4||1||6||22|
|3. Officers in Grade ‘B’(DR)- DSIM||11||(1)*||3#||2||17|
RBI Grade ‘B’ Recruitment – Phase I Prelims
The examination will Objective Type or MCQ. It will be held for the duration of 2 hours (200 marks). The modules for Phase I will be –
Phase I – Prelims Exam
Phase-I online Examination (Objective Type):
This will comprise a single Paper for 200 marks and will be held on August 16, 2019. Depending on the number of candidates, the examination may be held in multiple shifts and on some other days also. A candidate, however, has to appear for examination in only one shift on the given day. The date, time and venue on which a candidate has to appear for examination will be specified in the Admission Letter (AL) to be downloaded by the candidate from our website (www.rbi.org.in). The ‘corrected-scores’ obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) will be normalized using equipercentile method.
The Paper will consist tests of
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude and;
A composite time of 120 minutes will be given for answering. Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the Admission letter for examination from the RBI website.
*Note:Candidates, who secure minimum marks separately for each Test, as prescribed, will be shortlisted for Phase-II of the examination based on the aggregate marks obtained in Phase-I.
Phase II – Mains Exam
|Name of the Paper||Type of the Paper||Time (Mins)||Marks|
|Paper I Economic & Social Issues||Objective Type||90||100|
|Paper II English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive (to be typed with the help of keyboard)||90||100|
|Paper III Finance & Management||Objective Type||90||100|
*Note:Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination)
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview, based on aggregate of marks obtained in Phase-II (Paper-I +Paper-II +Paper-III). The minimum aggregate cut off marks for being shortlisted for Interview will be decided by the Board in relation to the number of vacancies. Roll No. of the candidates shortlisted for interview will be published on RBI website at appropriate time and interview call letters will be sent on registered email ID. Interview will be of 50 marks. Candidate may opt for interview either in Hindi or English. Final Selection will be through merit list which will be prepared by adding marks secured by candidates in Phase-II examination and interview.
How to apply for RBI Grade B 2019
- Candidates satisfying the conditions of eligibility as on May 1, 2019 are first required to visit the URL “Recruitment for the post of “Officers in Gr.’B’ (DR) General/DEPR/DSIM” on Bank’s website i.e. www.rbi.org.in >Opportunities@RBI > Current Vacancies > Vacancies and click on the hyperlink “Online Application Form” in the Advertisement page for filling the ‘Online Application’. It redirects the candidates to the online registration page.
- Candidates should have valid email ID and mobile no.which should be kept active till the declaration of results. It will help him/her in getting call letter/advices etc. by email/SMS.
- Submit the Application Form.
- The payment can be made by using debit card/credit card/Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen. Transaction charges for online payment, if any, will be borne by the candidates.
- On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt and application form with fee details will be generated; which may be printed for record.
- Take out the Print Out of the Application Form for future reference.
Syllabus For RBI Grade B Prelims & Mains 2019
Given below is a list of all topics and subjects, from which the questions will be asked. You can prepare and plan for the exams by knowing the topics you have to cover.
– Banking & Financial
– Economic News
– Static Awareness
– Current Affairs
– Reading Comprehension
– Cloze Test
– Phrase Replacement/Error Spotting
– Para Completion
– Fill in the blanks
– Para Jumbles
– Number Series
– Data Interpretation
– Miscellaneous Questions
– Data Sufficiency
– Coding Decoding
– Machine Input Output
– Data Sufficiency
– Circular Arrangement
– Linear Arrangement
– Floor Puzzle
– Double Lineup Puzzle
– Verbal Reasoning
– Order & Ranking
– Arrangement & Pattern
– Blood Relations
– Direction & Distance
Admit Card for For RBI Grade B 2019
The admit card for RBI Grade B 2019 Exam will be released separately for both Phase-I and Phase-II exam. Admit card for Phase-I Exam will be released in the first week of June. The admit card for Phase-II Exam will be issued to candidates who have qualified the Phase-I exam of RBI Grade B.
How to Download Admit Card
- Go to www.rbi.org.in and click on careers section.
- Select download RBI Grade B call letter for preliminary examination
- Then enter your Registration Number/Roll Number and Date of Birth/Password
- Finally click on the submit button, your RBI Grade B admit card 2019 will generated and take a print.
- The RBI Grade B admit card is issued and available 10 days prior to the examination. It will be available in the official website of the bank. Candidates are required to download the admit card and get a printed copy of the same.
RBI GRADE B PREVIOUS YEAR CUT OFF
The cut off for RBI Grade B 2018 Exam will be released after each phase of examination is completed. The cut off for the Phase-I exam will be released first followed by cut off for Phase-II exam. Candidates can evaluate their marks and their chances of selection by matching their score with the cut off list released by RBI.
RBI Grade B Prelims and Mains objective Cut off Marks are different for each section (ie., Cutoff marks for English, Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, General Awareness). These cutoff marks may vary according to categories like General, OBC, SC, ST, PWD. Here we are providing you the Previous Year Cut-Offs. This list will help you in having the rough idea about cut off of the upcoming exam.
|SECTION WISE CUTOFF MARKS FOR PHASE – I|
|CUT-OFF MARKS DECIDED BY THE BOARD AT VARIOUS STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS|
|Aggregate Cut-Off Marks in paper-I, paper- II And Paper-III taken together in written examination for shortlisting the candidate for interviewer (Out of total 300 marks)||176.75||161.75||155.75||155.75|
|Aggregate marks written examination and interviewer taken together (out of total 350 marks) obtained by the respective category with reference too the no. of vacancies notified under each category||225.50||211.00||204.25||210.25|